We always need help at the Soup Kitchen. Here’s what you can do:
• Make a one-off donation.
• Set up a standing order with your bank.
• Give a few hours a year as a volunteer to help at the Soup Kitchen (please see below). Please note that volunteers need to be 18 or older.
• Donate goods.
FOOD: The most useful non-perishables for the free meals we provide are tins or packets of soup, sugar, tea, instant coffee, long life milk and biscuit/cereal bars.
CLOTHING: We currently have more clothing than we need so will not need any donations for the foreseeable future.
BEDDING: Sleeping bags are always required. Back packs for storing them would also be appreciated.
We can all be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call The Ark in Dover on 01304 225737 and leave a message. Please note that we are based in Dover in the United Kingdom, and not the United States.
Please note in your email or phone call who you would like to get in touch with:
- Liz regarding donations of money or general enquiries.
- Stephanie to discuss volunteering.
- Judith regarding donations of food, and volunteering on Christmas day.
We will hold two volunteer recruitment sessions a year – one in March and the other in October. Please get in touch and we will send on the details, but it will include meeting at the Soup Kitchen so that we can show you what we do.